Natural Happiness for Gardeners
60-90-minute online workshop
Cultivate your wellbeing with gardening skills!
Available for group bookings
With Alan Heeks
In these stormy times, we need new skills to stay happy. A cultivated ecosystem, like a garden, is a role model for human nature: this workshop shows how gardening methods can help you grow your own happiness and deepen the roots of your resilience. For example:
- Mulching and pruning to nourish your roots
- Composting stress as a source of energy
- Use gardening skills like observation and creativity
- Find new ways to adapt to the climate crisis
- Draw inspiration from Nature to guide you in uncertainty
Alan Heeks has over 25 years of experience exploring Natural Happiness with groups. It grows from creating a 130-acre organic farm and education centre at Magdalen Farm in West Dorset, and from gardening with his wife at home.
In this online workshop, Alan will describe the Seven Seeds of Natural Happiness, and participants will have a chance to try some of them out. Alan is happy to take bookings for this event from environmental, community and other groups, at a time of their choosing for a moderate fee by negotiation.